Saturday, December 6, 2008

Here I Come to Save The Day

Hello everybody . . .

If you have chased me down this far, it is a pretty safe bet that you really want to know what goes on in my head. Woe unto you . . . I have found a soapbox and I am going ot use it. In recent years, I have become more and more of a militant atheist. No, I don't plan on any car bombings or other malicious attacks. We don't work like that. Rather, I feel I must add my voice to the debate and to the discussions. For too many years, the discussion has centered on what God may or may not want. I want to reframe the debate. We need not discuss what God wants -- but whether God exists at all. I will suggest that God does not exist at all and that those who follow religion actually cause harm to the progress in our world. Over the course of these posts I will discuss how I came to this conclusion and I answer any questions about my beliefs that come up.

We are at a crossroad in our civilization. We can choose to live in the past and cling to ancient superstitions and fears. Conversely, we have a choice to start believing in ourselves, in our ability to reason, and take control of our fate. This blog is dedicated to this idea.

I encourage you to read further as I post more. I encourage you to challenge anything in this blog. I encourage great debate and discussion. Let's see where this takes us . . .

No comments: